GET Well Soon


Latest News

Fire Burns Down Flat In Pacific CGHS- One Dead

A tragedy hit residents of Pacific Apartments when an 83-year-old woman died after falling from a balcony after her flat on the fourth floor caught fire. Ankit Kumar, DCP Dwarka informed that they received a PCR call at the Dwarka South police station about the blaze inside the Apartment’s Flat no. 502 in Sector 10, Dwarka on Wednesday.

Firefighters were immediately deployed to the spot, and two persons present on the balcony of the said flat were rescued. According to Police present there, “Two women named Jasuri Devi (83) and her grand-daughter Pooja Pant (30) jumped from the balcony to save them. After initial treatment, they were moved to Ayushman Hospital, where Jasuri was declared brought dead. Pooja is undergoing

treatment.” The Police officials told Dwarka City that Jasuri Devi jumped directly while her granddaughter took hold of dupatta to come down before jumping, but she too got injured. Fire Service Chief, Atul Garg said that they were informed about the fire incident at 12:30 pm on Wednesday, and six fire tenders were sent to the spot. He informed us that the property of the fourth and fifth floor was damaged. While the deceased and her 30-year-old granddaughter were inside their flat on the fourth floor when the fire broke out, nobody was there on the fifth floor. “When the garbage collector came to collect waste from the house on the fourth-floor, he saw thick smoke coming out of the flat and approached the neighbours for help immediately. They, together, tried to break open the flat’s door, but failed. Police and fire brigade were eventually informed,” said a police officer.

According to a senior police officer, “Prima facie, it appears that the fire broke out following an explosion in the fourth-floor flat’s AC compressor due to a possible gas leak from it or a short circuit in the switch as the AC was purportedly on before the incident.” The fire spread from the fourth-floor flat to the fifth floor and the property inside both the houses were completely damaged. Says Mukesh Sinha, “I am thankful to the fire department and Police staff that came immediately for rescue of trapped members and the residents who held the sheet and laid mattress while suggesting Pooja to

climb down. At least one precious life was saved.”


No comments